How do I connect my CSS stylesheet to my HTML page?
How do I connect a CSS stylesheet to an HTML webpage? In this lesson, you’ll learn:
– The reason we have separate HTML and CSS files
– The purpose of HTML vs the purpose of CSS
– Why it’s excellent to keep content (HTML) separate from presentation (CSS)
By the end of this lesson you’ll know how to code:
1. The LINK tag (to connect an external CSS stylesheet to your webpage)
2. The REL and TYPE attributes (to describe the CSS stylesheet)
3. The HREF attribute (to specify where to find the CSS stylesheet)
This is a sample lesson from the online course “Step-by-step HTML and CSS for Absolute Beginners”. Learn how to code HTML5 + CSS3 to make your own website in this beginner-level course. No coding experience required! Enroll today at:
Looking for friendly, practical, jargon-free technology training? Visit my website at:
Thanks for watching!
– Kathleen, firstname.lastname@example.org
PS Thanks to Reverse Grip for letting me use “Raise Your Fist” as the intro/outro music for this video. You ROCK!!